Today, I celebrate my 27th birthday. Through the years I have encountered an array of experiences that have left me with joyous memories and even my fair share of heartbreak.
These 27 years of life have taught me various lessons. For this reason, I want to highlight some of the things I’ve learned.
I’m aware that some of you may not agree with the points I share, however, these are things I’ve learned in my personal journey. Maybe you can relate to a couple of these points. I hope you enjoy!
1. Trust the process- Life is a journey, and you have to trust the process that God has placed you on. It’s not always going to make sense in your mind, but God knows exactly what He’s doing!
2. Timing is everything- In a world of instant gratification, anything worth value takes time to create and/or build.
3. Comparison kills– While we’re all made in the image of God, He’s made each of us unique. Comparing yourself to others hinders what God purposed for you do here on earth.
4. Love is a risk, but an absolute risk worth taking– Any type of relationship is a risk, but to love anyone requires vulnerability, however, it’s truly worth it.
5. Fitness is not about having the perfect body, instead, it’s about being healthy– Working out is NOT about having a ripped body, it’s about being the best version of yourself.
6. Read as many books as possible- The wisdom, insight, and stories written in countless books, can be tools to help you grow.
7. Be present- While life presents numerous distractions such as social media, tablets, and phones, be present when spending time with others. This shows others that they’re important to you.
8. Laugh at yourself- Life is too short not to laugh at yourself. Laugh often!
9. People make time for the things that are important to them- We all have the same 24 hours. If someone or something is important to an individual, they will make time to be with that person or do something they enjoy.
10. Apologize when you’re wrong– We often let pride get in the way of apologizing for our wrongdoing. But, be the first to say sorry. It will save you a lot of heartache in the end.
11. Travel as much as possible- The world is full of adventure. It’s better to spend money on experiences than materialistic items. Items damage over time, but experiences can stick with you for a lifetime.
12. Smile often- Scientifically, it takes more muscles to frown than to smile. Smile as much as possible. You never know how your smile can make someone’s day.
13. Dream big- Dream big dreams that only God can help you accomplish.
14. God first, family second- God is first, but family is everything after!
15. It’s okay to say no- Don’t be afraid to say no. Saying yes to everything takes away from your time. We can never regain the time that we’ve lost.
16. Say “ I love you”- You never know when it will be the last time you say “ I love you” to someone you truly care about. Make sure to let those you love know much they mean to you.
17. Budgeting is important- Keeping a budget is important if you want to grow financially. Create a budget and stick to it.
18. Don’t judge a person without getting to know them- Everyone has a story. In many cases, the reasons why people respond and act in certain ways are based on their life experiences. Get to know someone before making assumptions.
19. Some friendships are just for a season- Some friendships are only meant for a season. When God says it time to let go, let go.
20. Homecooked meals out beats any restaurant- Home cooking tastes far better than any restaurant. Plus, cooking at home, you have more control of the ingredients you’re putting into your body.
21. Give to others without expecting anything in return- God wants us to be giving people. Always give without expecting any back from the one you blessed. Allow God to bless you.
22. Eating at the dinner table is not an old tradition- Sitting at the table while eating, is not an old-fashion tradition. It’s a great way to fellowship together and enjoy a delicious meal.
23. Studying personalities helps with relationships- People are wired differently, however, studying the different types of personalities can help you better understand the people in your life.
24. Turn the other cheek- No matter how much you want to revenge someone for doing you wrong, turn the other cheek. Vengeance is the Lord’s.
25. Take risks- It’s easy to get comfortable, but risks require you to step outside your comfort zone.
26. Don’t stress over things you cannot control- Some things are out of our control. Instead, give your worries over to God. He can handle it.
27. Enjoy life- It’s easy to get busy in the every day things that life brings your way. Take the time to enjoy it.