Did You Know That God Thinks About You?
Do you ever wonder if you’re thought about? No, really. Do you ever ask yourself: Does anyone think about me? We all long to be wanted, to be thought of, and to be loved.
It’s in our DNA. God created us in His image. Our desires to be wanted, thought of, and loved are not mistakes—our Creator longs for those same things.
He wants us to want Him, to think of Him, and to deeply love Him.
Did you know that God thinks of YOU? He does! More than the grains of sand. The Bible says in Psalm 139:17-18 in the New Living Translation (NLT):
“How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!”
When you think about “thoughts,” they are defined concepts or opinions in our minds. According to the National Science Foundation, people average around 12,000 to 60,000 thoughts a day. God thinks more about you than the number of thoughts we think a day. That’s a lot of thinking!
Also, there are about 700 trillion cubic meters of beach on earth, which means there are around five sextillion grains of sand, according to Universe Today.
There are so many things that God thinks about when it comes to us. His Word proves to us over and over again that He loves us.
As we journey through life, the feeling of loneliness can creep in. You can be in a room surrounded by people and still feel alone—as though no one notices you. But the God I know thinks about me. He thinks about you.
God’s Thoughts Towards Us
God thinks deeply of you. And He wanted us to know how MUCH He thinks about us. Now, you may be thinking, “What does God think about?” I’m glad you asked:
He Thinks About The Plans He Has For You
- Psalm 139:16-17 (New King James Version, NKJV) – “Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!”
- Psalm 40:5 (NLT) – “O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them.”
He Thinks About How Much He Loves You
- Ephesians 3:18-19 (NLT) – “And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.”
- Psalm 36:5-6 (New International Version, NIV) – “Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your justice like the great deep. You, Lord, preserve both people and animals.”
He Thinks Merciful Thoughts
- Psalm 144:3 (NIV) – “Lord, what are human beings that you care for them, mere mortals that you think of them?”
- Isaiah 30:18 (NIV) – “Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!”
We cannot begin to count the thoughts He has about us. Even in our mistakes and shortcomings, God continues to think about us.
Today, know that God is thinking of you. Despite our sinful nature, God continues to love us and wants to draw near to us. When you feel lonely and unloved, remember our Maker’s thoughts about us outnumber the grains of sand.
God is thinking of you!