I have realized that you have been a major part of my life, control. In so many ways, I allowed others to dictate some of the decisions in my life, all because of you, control.
Control, I have to stop allowing others to decide my decisions. Instead, control, I have to go to God and allow Him to be the deciding factor of my life, not people. All my decisions cannot be based on people’s opinions. It’s been challenging to have you as my passenger, control. I can’t keep living under you and allowing you to make choices for me that I don’t agree with.
Living with you, control, has caused me to live out decisions that I didn’t agree with and that have left others wounded. I look back, and I see that you have caused me more hurt than I anticipated and even expected. I accepted you so many times because I had to and I didn’t want to be a disappointment to people. So, I did as I was told, which caused resentment, anger, and bitterness to grow in my life.
Why? Because I obeyed people because of you, control, over God. Let me get this straight. I’m not saying that I don’t need to seek Godly counsel. In this letter, it’s certain people in my life that I let make choices for me.
My Battle Plan
So, today, control, I’m deciding to let you go, because you have caused me much stress, frustration, and worry! Here are some ways that I can defeat you, and the battle plan that helps me to continuously fight back when you try to come return, control:
- When an individual tells me to do something, I instead will communicate that I appreciate their suggestion, but speak up when I don’t agree.
- When I don’t want to have a conversation with an individual at that moment or at all, I will not be afraid of saying “I rather not talk about it.” Instead, I will communicate that I would prefer to talk about it later.
- I will remember that I have a voice and that disagreeing is not me being disrespectful but rather, not allowing you control, to have the final word in my life.
- When I begin to feel control trying to enter into my life, I will fight back with the Word of God. Here are my battle cries:
- 2 Timothy 1:7 (ESV), “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”
- I will not be afraid to speak up when I feel you, control, trying to creep back into my life.
- Romans 12:1-2 (MSG), “So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.”
- I must remember to lay my life as a sacrifice to God daily. So, that means, control, you cannot have access in my life because God reigns here.
P.S. I’m going to learn how to live a free life!